Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

What have I gotten myself into?

So now I have a blog.  I'm not arrogant enough to think people want to know every little detail of my life, but I do have some funny stories.  (Granted, I'm no Dooce...) but my life is a little nuts sometimes... and I have to tell someone about it!  So here goes...

A little about me, if you care... I'm 32, and most days I act like it... but there are days I regress to about 12 (that also happens any time the word "fart" is mentioned.  It's a funny word.  I went to Copenhagen on spring break this year, and our bus company was called Turistfart.  I had a field day.) I work with college students on a daily basis, and sometimes they seem about 12 too.  But I love them... mostly.  Some of them, I wonder when they will win their Darwin Award.  It's a miracle they've gotten this far!  I'm also a photographer, and this fall I will be teaching some of these genius students to take better photos they can promptly upload to Facebook. 

I grew up in a small town in East Texas; I went to high school in a larger town in East Texas.  I like East Texas; when you speak with me, you will know I hail from there.  My family still lives there; it's not a bad place to be from.

Aside from advising and photographing, I read (LOTS) and I cook and I chase trains.  I love trains, so much so that I went all the way to Ely, NV (one end of the lonliest road in America) to drive one last summer.  BEST. DAY. EVER.  Well, maybe second best; the day I married Thomas was pretty damn good, too.  There was a lot of champagne.  He's awesome.  Even my dogs like him, can't ask for more than that, right?  I love to travel, and I've been fortunate enough to go to some awesome places and contribute to their GDP.  Dream destination: St. Petersburg, Russia.

So that's me... hop on board and let's see where the trip takes us... hopefully, not off the rails!

PS- the photo at the top- taken last summer on the Grand Canyon Railway somewhere between Williams, AZ and the South Rim of the Canyon.  Another great day; Thomas was involved in that one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment